If you’re a small business owner, it’s likely you feel there aren’t enough hours in the day. Running a small business is demanding. It requires all your expertise, creativity, energy and then some! As you grow, the demands increase and tasks become more complicated, especially your accounting.
That’s why many small business owners opt for outsourced accounting services for their bookkeeping and accounting needs. Engaging an expert CPA company can feel daunting at first, which is why we’ve put together this guide to outsourced accounting. Keep reading to think through the pros and cons of outsourced accounting and feel ready to make the best decision for you.
Pros of Outsourced Accounting
There are many advantages to outsourced accounting, especially if you choose a trusted partner. Not only will you take a time-consuming task off your plate, but you’ll also gain peace of mind knowing that a critical part of your business is handled with professionalism and care.
- Gain time: No more burning the midnight oil trying to reconcile your books before payday. With outsourced accounting, you’ll have more time to work on your business, not in your business.
- Save money: This may seem counterintuitive, but outsourced accounting will save you money. Instead of hiring a full-time employee, you only pay for what you need, when you need it.
- Increase accuracy: Speaking of full-time, when you work with a professional CPA, they’ll bring years of full-time experience to the job so they can easily keep your records pristine and your financial processes smooth.
- Improve cash flow: With the right partner, you’ll always have financial data at your fingertips so you can understand your cash flow and make informed decisions.
- Smooth tax season: Tax-time stress will be a thing of the past with outsourced accounting. Your CPA will handle it down to the last detail.
Cons of Outsourced Accounting
Most businesses that opt for outsourced accounting experience more growth and less stress. However, it all comes down to choosing the right partner. Here are a few things to watch out for as you consider hiring a CPA firm to handle your accounting needs.
- Security concerns: You’ll share sensitive information with a third party so it’s essential to choose a trustworthy partner for your outsourced accounting needs. A firm with integrity will address your security concerns and share the measures they take to keep your data safe.
- Less Control: Whenever you delegate tasks, you hand over some control in getting the task accomplished. This can be a challenge for some entrepreneurs who are used to having a hand in every aspect of their business. However, frequent, and clear communication usually resolves these issues.
- Not Local: Choosing a CPA firm in a different area code or time zone from you can add communication obstacles create delays. Choosing a local CPA firm mostly closely resembles having an in-house expert where communication is timely and easy.
How to Decide if Outsourced Accounting is Right for You
Are you an entrepreneur who is ready to gain time, increase peace of mind, and grow your business? Those are all good indicators that outsourced accounting is a good choice for you! But if you’re like us, you’ll want to be thorough. Here are a few specific items to help you decide if outsourced accounting will help you reach your goals.
- Consider your business needs: If your business has complex accounting needs, outsourcing is a great, cost-effective choice. Keep in mind that a good partner offers more than just task fulfillment, they also offer expert advice and business consulting.
- Evaluate the costs: Compare the costs of outsourcing accounting functions to the costs of hiring in-house staff and investigate billing practices of the firm you’re considering. Do they charge per service or offer a flat-rate monthly billing system?
- Research outsourcing firms: Look for outsourcing firms with a track record of success, industry experience, and strong security measures. Be sure to check references and read reviews to ensure that the firm is trustworthy and reliable.
Contact Neely’s Accounting for Expert Roanoke Accounting
If you’re ready to take the leap into outsourced accounting, consider Neely’s Accounting Services. We’ve been helping Roanoke area individuals and business since 2007 with our big-city services and a hometown feel. Thanks to our cutting-edge, secure online platform, you can collaborate with our Roanoke CPAs instantly and always have up-to-date views of your data. Plus, we’ll never surprise you with unexpected fees. Our services are bundled at a fixed monthly rate to give you an efficient, well-maintained accounting system at a fair price.
Let us help you find the best accounting solution for you. Contact us today to get started.